Participants must be comfortable in a Linux environment
2GB of free RAM, 20GB of free disk space and full network connectivity
- Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Edition (sudo/root access required)
- Docker, Kubelet, Kubectl, Kubeadm, Minikube and Java 8 are required for the course
Course Outline for Kubernetes
- Understand the problems faced due to limitations of Docker.
- Introduction to Kubernetes and a comparative study between Kubernetes and Docker swarm.
- Run Kubernetes locally via Minikube and learn to install Kubernetes on Linux systems.
- Learn about containers and pods in Kubernetes by running containers, creating single-container and multi-container pods and assigning pods to nodes.
- Learn to access the cluster API, share cluster access with Kubeconfig. This also includes installing and setting up Kubectl.
- Learn to deploy applications end-to-end, manage resources, roll out updates, autoscaling and best practises for configuration.
- Learn about Jobs and parallel processing capabilities in Kubernetes.
- Learn about service operations, connecting applications to services and creating a load balancer for an application.
- Learn about resource usage monitoring, logging, running commands in a container using Kubectl exec and examining runtime environment using Explorer.
- Learn to build large, high-availability, portable multi-node clusters while understanding the right solutions for an application and important cluster management guidelines.
The classroom training will be provided in Bangalore (Bengaluru), Chennai, Hyderabad or Mumbai and will be conducted in the client's premises. All the necessary hardware/software infrastructure must be provided by the client.