Over the course of our experience teaching thousands of engineering students and professionals and our interactions with several stake-holders, we have heard several concerns from students, faculty members and businesses alike. There are some key patterns in the concerns raised and one of them is about what Engineering students should learn in their curriculum. In this post we make a humble attempt to answer this question with a seemingly simple but effective approach that students can take for guaranteed success.
Table of Contents
- Problems faced by various stake-holders
- Our reponsibility as Engineers
- The Missing Gap in Technical Skillset
- Conceptual Depth
- Technologies – the missing piece in the puzzle
- Being successful as an Engineer
- The Golden Mantra
- A Technology Ninja?
- Teaching to build and learn